Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Those scales must be wrong...


Yesterday was definitely not a good day weight-wise (are there good days? I don’t know of many) but anyway I posted this on FB or Google+ yesterday:

When I got on the scales this morning I had put on a pound which unfortunately took me up to the next stone so I commiserated by making some almond biscuits, a coconut and cherry sponge, and some cheese and tomato ciabatta bread. There that's better. Now I will get the stew and dumplings ready for dinner. If I was American I would only have gained a pound but here it took me up to the next stone!!!




Well I can safely say that I have now lost that extra pound today – purely because we ate one of the ciabatta loaves when it came out of the oven, a couple of biscuits just to try them and make sure they were ok and scraped the bowl of the cake mixture, coconut butter icing and coconut icing for the top.  You know how it is - you make up the icing but there isn't really quite enough when you cover the cake so you make up a bit more which is then too much, so after putting a too thick layer on the cake you just have to finish the rest in the bowl rather than throw it awayJ  A bit later we tried the cake.  So come time to make the stew we were just too full to even think of eating it if I cooked it, so the meat went back in the fridge for today and later on we had some more of the bread with a bowl of soup.  So maybe because we didn’t have a proper dinner, or just by fluke, but the pound has disappeared again today.  I have this distinct feeling that it will probably rear it’s ugly head with another pound friend tomorrow to make up for it!

I will also be definitely paying for all the baking as today I have spent all day sitting on my ample backside packaging pendants to send, as a whole load finished on ebay at the same time yesterday so I had lots to sent.  

Here is todays joke.  LOL - replace “blonde” for “brunette” if you are blonde.  And scroll down slowly.

A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred- ten.

We all looked at each other and another customer asked, 'What is a seven-hundred- ten?'
She replied, 'You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one..'

She replied that she did not know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there.

The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like.

She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to a car just like hers which had its hood up and asked 'is there a 710 on this car?'.
She pointed and said, 'Of course, its right there.' the mechanic fainted









If you're not sure what a 710 is:




No comments:

Post a Comment