Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Saturday 20 August 2011

Forgetting - where has it gone...?


I wanted to share this with you today as I received it by email and OMG it is so ME – have I got that old that I now fall into the old-and-past-it category that all these age related email refer to? 

Forgetter Be Forgotten?
My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke

For when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!


Oft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.


At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!


When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the hell was that?


Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.
It is particularly relevant in that I spend well over an hour yesterday altogether trying to find a tarot book as I wanted to refer to something in it.   I had moved it a while ago from where it had been kept for a couple of years into a new place that I would not forget, as it would be separate from my other tarot books!!!  You know - so it would be handy, hmm!   Definitely the wrong thing to do – I knew where it was kept for all that time and that is stored in my memory.  I know where my other tarot books are kept too.  But the one I wanted – a complete blank!  But of course if I hadn’t stupidly decided to keep this one in a different (more accessible!!!) place it would be ok but now it is totally lost.



We moved to this house over 6 years ago and I still wonder where certain things are and yet I can remember exactly where they were in the old house – isn’t that stupid.  The main trouble is that I downsized to this house so things are in more condensed spaces.  Bookshelves with my bear collection sitting in front of the books and tarot decks for instance, so finding any reference books is a bit of a task but as space is limited then doubling some things up is the only option to make the most of the space.  Why can I remember exactly where things were in the old house – is it because I was younger then?   Or is it because when something comes new into the house you find a home for it so you remember, but after moving it a few times your brain becomes cloudy and disorientated.  Any comments upon your experiences will be great so I don’t feel it is just me L

No comments:

Post a Comment