Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Wednesday 28 December 2011

A Right Clanger of a Mistake


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.  We had a lovely day round my daughter’s house and it was great to see the grandchildren opening their presents.  To me that is what Christmas is all about – the children.  It has lost all it’s sparkle and build-up since my own children left home as to me it is the children’s excitement that make Christmas what it is.  I think that when you work from home and rarely go shopping there isn’t the same anticipation of the time off working and you don’t see all the decorated shops playing Christmas music.  Now that I am only too pleased to miss as that is always accompanied by huge crowds and long queues.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


A couple of days ago I made a big clanger of a mistake.  I always open the bedroom windows during the day time and close them later in the day before we take the dogs for a walk.  This particular day we took the dogs a bit earlier as it was looking like it may rain so I closed the windows as usual but then opened them again when we got back as I felt they hadn’t been open that long.  Well about an hour or so later it started raining and we stood in the kitchen remarking on how it suddenly stated hammering it down and the wind was now so strong it was sending the rain almost sideways.  I never thought any more of it until I went upstairs half an hour later and realised the windows were still open.  No problem with that normally but the wind had caught one window and had blown it wide open (a big side window, not a small top window) and when I went over to close it I did expect to find water on the windowsill.  But I hadn’t expected to find the carpet all squelchy underfoot as I got to the window.  The wind must have been blowing it in at the exact angle to maximise the damage.  I swear you could never get that much in the window unless you had a hose pipe on it.  Everything anywhere near the window was drenched.  It had actually hit the wardrobe doors to at least waist height and four doors along – probably about 5 feet inside the room.  Needless to say the carpet in front of the wardrobe where it had been dripping down was even more saturated than the rest.  Many many towels later the carpet was just damp as hopefully I had sponged most of it before it has gone through to the underlay.  So no lasting damage but I just couldn’t believe how much water had come in that window at such an angle in such a short time to have saturated such a large area.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


As promised, I said I would show you my new Tarot Decks and Oracle Cards that have all been recently released in the UK.  Even my Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot have arrived J  I received some bags I had ordered from Baba with the Bohemian Cats deck as well which are gorgeous – too good to use really.  Apart from this deck I bought all the others from Amazon.co.uk


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Crystal Visions Tarot is by Jennifer Galasso.  This deck is brightly coloured with gorgeous pictures of fairies.  There are 78 cards picture cards (plus a title card) with a lovely patterned back in a conventional cardboard box and they are published by US Games.  The colours are stunning and this looks like a very interesting deck.



I pre-ordered The Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot bundle direct from Baba Studio in Prague which included a full sized deck with a silk bag of my choice complete with a gilt edged mini deck with a silk bag which has a picture of The Tarot Reader card on the front.  Both the main deck and the mini deck come in a hinged fold-open type box which is unusual.  The decks are identical apart from the gilt edges on the mini deck but have different backs – the mini deck has a red and gold patterned back and the main deck has a totally different pattern in another shade of red and cream.  There are 79 picture cards as there is an “extra” card + a title card.  The bags are really good quality bags so well worth buying.  The deck is designed by Karen Mahoney and illustrated by Alex Ukolov who have produced several other well-known tarot decks, most of which are now sold out.  This is the 3rd edition of the Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot.





The Cat’s Eye Tarot is by Debra M Given DVM and is also produced by US Games.  The deck is in a normal cardboard box with 78 cards, a title card and a Nine Lives Spread card, as well as the usual Little White Book of instructions and meanings.  They are all picture cards of different cats following a theme of a particular colour cat for each suit.




The Oracle Deck that I bought is Woodland Wisdom which contains 29 really pretty fairy cards, a title card and an instruction booklet.  This deck is by Frances Munro and illustrated by Peter Pracownik.  This is also produced by US Games.  







This just gives you a little insight into the recent additions to my huge tarot collection.  The only other one I am waiting for now will not be out until at least February I think and that is The Gilded Tarot Royale by Ciro Marchetti.  I have all of his decks which are absolutely brilliant and I use the Gilded Tarot to do my tarot readings so I am really looking forward to receiving the Royale version which is much more of a 3D type version with a lot more depth and detail – a revised look J




Here is the usual trivia snippet:

"Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.



Followed by our usual chuckle to finish - I’ll keep it short as the post is so long so here are just a couple of those things that people REALLY said in court:     

Q: What is your date of birth?
A: July 15th.
Q: What year?
A: Every year.

Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.


p.s. I am feeling chuffed - it's the first time I have worked out how to wrap the text around the pictures a bit (and that was only by accident) - I am sure there must be a better way as it only happened for me by moving the photo to the right.  If anyone knows how to do it PLEASE let me know as the presentation looks much better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment