Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Are you ready yet?


How are your plans for Christmas going – have you got all your presents sorted and sent all your cards?  Are you stocked up for food for the holidays or do you shop at the last minute?  I hate the crowds so shop online if I can for presents to save having to join the throngs of Christmas shoppers – the busy aisles in all the shops is bad enough but the queues for the checkouts is unbearable.  I just stopped doing it years ago.  I used to buy presents early and put them away.  The only trouble with that is I often forgot where I had put the things so had to buy something else, only to find the missing present in January!  That happened to me a few timesJ   





Luckily we don’t have to buy many presents or think of many to buy either.  The children tend to prefer money with just a small gift to open on the day if we are seeing them and my daughter lets me know what the grandchildren want, so all I have to do is order the presents rather than search for something.  My husband and I don’t buy each other a present and if we want something for the house we buy that, but otherwise we just don’t bother.






I have been really late in doing everything this year it seems and so have been really busy this last week with getting out jewellery orders and catching up with Christmas stuff.  LOL – you would never guess, would you, by my lack of blogs this weekJ  We did our supermarket shopping at the end of last week to avoid the crowds but the trouble is when you buy extra tasty food for the Christmas period so early you just have to start sampling it early!  I finally finished posting the cards on the last day for 2nd class postage and yet usually I get them written in the 1st week of December.  I have no explanation other than I can honestly say I am a Google+ addict now and hours just disappear when I am on there.  I am not very good at prioritising the important things.  Jewellery comes first and other things should come 2nd followed by the internet.  But you know how it is, I go on there just to check there are no more jewellery orders and the next thing I realise is that it is 2 hours later and my other things just get left until later or the next day.






Usually it is something for the grandchildren that I am surfing around online for as it is so popular that everywhere has sold out, but this year I had a problem with my daughters present.  She had said about a particular perfume she had liked that a friend of hers uses and I thought I would get some for her to open on Christmas day.  Little did either of us know that it was not being made any more.  She wanted Lauren Style perfume by Ralph Lauren and I tried everywhere online – some annoying shops looked like they had it in stock until you went to put it in your basket and only then did it say they were out of stock.  I spent ages looking everywhere in the UK.  I don’t know if they still had it anywhere else but there wasn’t enough time to get it over here for Christmas even if there was some stock somewhere.  I may have to investigate that after Christmas and if I find any I could put it away for her birthday (LOL – and try not to forget where I put it).  After spending so long looking now though I will postpone that chore until after New Year I think.  I have bought her some skinny jeans now so I will just keep my fingers crossed that they are ok -  she had also mentioned them so it should be alright as long as they arrive in time.  All I really have left to do now is the wrapping which shouldn’t take too long this year.







Today’s snippet of useful / useless information:

The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.   So did the first 'Marlboro Man'.

The three most valuable brand names on earth:   Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.







Lastly a little joke for the day:

WOMEN'S REVENGE
'Cash, check or charge?' I asked, after folding items the woman wished to purchase.
As she fumbled for her wallet, I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.
'So, do you always carry your TV remote?' I asked.
'No,' she replied, 'but my husband refused to come shopping with me, and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally.'









No comments:

Post a Comment