Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Friday 11 November 2011

What House Would You Like To Live In?


I was thinking today about how we all have different thoughts on what type of houses we would like to live in - which is a good thing of course otherwise all houses would have to be built the same and estates would turn into towns and towns would all look the same.





Do we all have dream houses that we could never afford or are we content in what we have?  I know I could never afford the type of house I would like to live in.  It’s not that I would like to live in a mansion or anything (although that would be very nice) but it is just that some of my choices put what I want totally out of my price range.  The size of the house wouldn’t be so much bigger than the one I am in (although it would be very nice if it was bigger as well) but it is the other things which would make it too expensive.  





I would like a bit of land, not a huge amount and not acres of it, but one acre would be nice.  The other thing that would make it expensive is that I would like it to be set back from the road and just outside a village so there were no immediate neighbours but they weren’t too far away.  A town up to 15 minutes away would be good too for the shops, dentist, doctor, optician etc.  





I would like a bright modern house with big windows and airy rooms.  My request list (other than what I have mentioned) would be shorter than my “not wanted” list I think.  I don’t like rooms with sloping ceilings or beams, I don’t like brick fireplaces or walls,I love Georgian style rooms but not small pokey cottage-style rooms.  This is a lot of peoples dream house or cottage but it’s not for me – I like big bright open rooms (but not open-plan).  Barn conversions, old farmhouses, cottages – they are all the ones that are just outside a village.  Bright modern houses are in towns and the middle of villages.  So there are very few houses that I would like in the situation I would like them in and if there were any they would be double the price of our own house.





We used to watch a lot of the find a house type programmes on TV and so many people wanted “period features” which was fine if they wanted high ceilings, ornate stone fireplaces and fancy cornices etc. as I love all that (apart from the fact that I bet the heating bill is diabolical) but most of them wanted quaint beamed cottages with an Aga, a Butler sink (I don’t like those either), an open brick fireplace and an upstairs with sloping ceilings.

I think I will just have to be content to know that there is no such place as I would like available anywhere (yet alone for sale) and if there was I would need to win the lottery to buy it (and I don’t even buy lottery tickets).





Here is an interesting piece of trivia today:    

Because it’s growing about half an inch a year, a person climbing Mount Everest today would have to go 27 inches further to reach the peak than Sir Edmund Hillary did in 1953.



Here’s todays chuckle:

This ought to make you feel better about your computer skills!

Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A white one...
Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?

**************************

Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'Can't find printer'. I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it.

**************************

Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?
Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me at the 7-11.

**************************

Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Customer: OK
Tech support: Did the keyboard come with you?
Customer: Yes
Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in.

**************************

Customer: I can't get on the Internet.
Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five dots.



I found the pictures of these unusual houses on: http://www.myinterestingfiles.com/2008/03/unique-dream-houses.html

No comments:

Post a Comment