Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Thursday 1 September 2011

Village Post Offices


I have been spending some “me time” in the garden this afternoon with a magazine after rushing around earlier getting more pendants packaged ready for the post, which seems to be almost just after lunchtime as the last post in our village goes at 4 p.m.  So you have to be ready with the post by 3.00 p.m., or 3.30 p.m. at the absolute latest to allow time to get up there, join the queue and actually get the packages over the counter and in the postbag before the postman breezes through on his collections.   He obviously wont wait and everything comes to a halt in the post office as he collects all the bags from behind the counter.  So if there was a bit of a long queue or you were a tad late you can see any chance of the packages going that day dissolving before your eyes.  The packages wont then go until 9.00 a.m. the next day even though they are booked in at 4.02 p.m.  One of the wonders of living in a village!  I know the postman can’t collect everywhere at 5.30 p.m. but 4.00 p.m. is very early.  I always like to get my pendants off in the post the day after they were paid for, if not the same day if they were bought early enough in the day.  And why is it that someone always pays for one while you are at the post office?  With the cost of fuel to get there it is obviously cheaper to either do less frequent trips by only going 2 or 3 times a week (or by walking the mile or so round trip of course) but I like to think I am a good seller and send my pendants straight away even if the buyer has taken days to actually get round to paying for them and are only paying for 2nd class postage.




Anyway, after the packages were safely delivered at the post office in plenty of time today I realised the sun was out in quite a cloudless sky and realising we wont be getting many more of these this year I decided to sit outside for an hour or so.  Well it was meant to be a couple of hours but after about an hour the phone rang and I needed to go upstairs to the office afterwards to deal with something quickly.  Hmm – that is fatal, as the moment I get in the office I notice something else that needs doing or an email that needs answering and by the time I “come to” and  realise I had only popped up here for 5 minutes an hour or more has passed and it is probably too late to sit outside again now.  At least I made a large stew yesterday so tonight (and tomorrow) I will only have to warm some up in the microwave for us.  Bliss – they may take a long time to make but I always make a huge pressure cooker full so there is enough for 3 or 4 days.  I used to manage to freeze some for days when we wanted a quick proper meal but my hubby absolutely loves stew and wont let me freeze it so it goes in the fridge and we have it for 3 or 4 days on the trot.  Personally I don’t mind either as I do like it as well and it means 2 or 3 days afterwards with no cooking dinnersJ  I always make it quite spicy as well so it has a bit of a bite to it as I love meals with “flavour”.

Thought for today:

Did you know that “listen” and “silent” have the same letters?

And todays chuckle:


No comments:

Post a Comment