Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Wednesday 7 September 2011

All This Media Stuff


How frustrating is all this media stuff!  Getting your head around it and trying to get the different parts to work is a nightmare.  Now I am certainly not dim (ha ha, don’t listen to what anyone else says about me!) but if I am struggling with some of it then I think a lot of people would just give up at a certain point and stick with what they have been able to achieve so far.  It takes so long and yet I really do it just to help sell my pendants. 
~o~o~o~o~o~

I start doing one thing and then either get distracted or have no choice but to go off in a different direction to sort something else out or find another piece of vital information  – yes I know what you are thinking, but I don’t mean I get waylaid with anything other than work related things either, although I have been known to add the odd comment to a post I have seen on FB or Google+.   But they do say that is good to get involved with other posts so that’s my excuseJ 

~o~o~o~o~o~

The trouble is I spend hours on the computer and have hardly any time enjoying my craft work.  I had expected it to perhaps be 50/50 with the time I spent working part time (half making and half selling), and yes I did expect it to be only part time!, but I seem to not only be spending 100% of my time setting things up for the selling but also I find I am working all hours of the day with only a couple of social hours break a day.  When my partner and I ran the Entertainments Booking Agency I was doing less hours than this because I made sure that I at least stopped working in time to go linedancing 3 times a week.  I also used to fit in Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi and a spiritual Development Group as well as going out to see acts performing.   One of the reasons I gave up the Agency was for health reasons and to take it slower without all the pressure.  I may not have the pressure now but my hobby that I decided to develop has taken over my whole life.  Due to an achilles tendonitis problem all the social activity has been on hold and now it seems I spend 12 hours a day sitting on my ever-growing backside at the computer.

~o~o~o~o~o~

I keep telling myself that when I get it all sorted and belong to all the networking and bookmarking sites with them all running smoothly then I will have time to relax more and also have time to make some more pendants.  It is such a good thing that I had hundreds of them made before I started selling them – well I suppose if I hadn’t got so many made up then I probably wouldn’t have felt such a need to sell them.  It is meant to be a paid hobby and not a full time job which is why I keep the prices low.  I think I would have starved by now (but been thinner) if I had been forced to live off my Pendant-Heaven earnings.  Ebay eats too much of any potential profit and private sales on ArtFire or direct would only keep me in coffee if I was lucky.  I keep telling myself that when it is all running smoothly and the pendants start selling on ArtFire then I will have time to myself again and I can tell ebay and their relisting costs where to go but until then I can’t run them down as at lease they are keeping me in coffee J  Well chocolate preferably J



And todays little wonderful snippet of information:

This year we're going to experience four unusual dates.
1/1/11,   1/11/11,   11/1/11,   11/11/11 and that's not all...
Take the last two digits of the year in which you were born -
now add the age you will be this year -
The results will be 111 for everyone in whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment