Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Sunday 18 September 2011

Where is Everything NOW?


Well I have completed the 2nd marathon of listing 50 more pendants on ebay while it is free listing (link at the side of the blog if you are interested) which is why I am late with my blog again.  I can’t believe how long it takes and it is only because they have changed it now so that even though I just copy the main details of a previous listing, I have to individually click all the countries with their postage costs.  Now this doesn’t involve too much – only about 10 clicks per item on the postage part but as you can now use more letters in the heading I was adding Crystal Gemstone which I thought would about cover what people are looking for.  So all in all doing that on 50 items, as well as changing the name and size of the pendant I was listing this time the time, soon mounted up and hours went by before I finished.



It was lucky that I had cleared the dining room of all my jewellery making stuff before Rays daughter and grandson came round yesterday because the photos I have used for this blog shows what it looked like before.  The only trouble is that they had all accumulated there for a reason – ease of use!!!  Now I can’t find anything!  All my things are in different places and all my trays have been neatly put away but I knew where all my gemstones were in the tray layout on the table – now they are in the tray cabinet upstairs in the office and even though there are labels on the front, I can’t get used to which tray holds which gemstones.  I could lay my hands on them exactly when they were laid out on the dining table.  It might have been a mess but it was my know-where-everything-is mess.  I knew which tray held all the different gemstones and whereabouts in the tray different ones were.  Now I just can’t get used to it. 



The idea is that I just take out the gemstones I want to use and then make up the necklaces but I used to do it very randomly and intuitively as to which one I wanted to make up next.  All my beads were around me as well in open boxes so I could see which beads I wanted to use with each pendant but now they are in the office with me the light isn’t so good and I can’t see the colour matches so well which means I have to take them all down to the dining room to match up anyway so it is more hassle – but a tidier dining room.  Even the necklaces are hard to match with the gemstone in a not-so-good light as I do like to play around with all possibly suitable necklaces and beads before I make up a necklace using the gemstone I have selected for the pendant.  It is surprising how some necklaces or beads bring out different colours in the gemstones or just suit them better.  I like to think that a lot of my skill is not just in physically making the jewellery but my designer skills in picking out the right parts to go with the other parts of the necklace.  Occasionally I will find that it is hard to match a particular gemstone at all with the necklace choices I have (and I have absolutely loads of all colours and types) and have to go for the best necklace choice I can find, but most times there are quite a few good possible choices and it is finding a good match that makes the end product look good.



And for the 2nd part of:
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2011 when... 
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your mobile phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries...

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen

8. Leaving the house without your mobile phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And todays chuckle:
An older gentleman was on the operating table awaiting surgery and he insisted that his son,a renowned surgeon, perform the operation.
As he was about to get the anaesthesia, he asked to speak to his son.
"Yes, Dad, what is it?"
"Don't be nervous, son; do your best, and just remember, if it doesn't go well, if something happens to me, your mother is going to come and live with you and your wife...." 

No comments:

Post a Comment