Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Thursday 29 September 2011

How to Delete a Wrong Entry in Google Chrome's Autofill and the rest of my day


Well I had a very frustrating but a very successful day yesterday.  I managed to finally work out how to delete the stupid mistakes I had made with my login details when logging into websites.  Unless you have Google Chrome you wont realise what I am talking about – but it has this brilliant feature that stores your logins, address etc. so that you can put in a few letters and it fills in the rest for you – not passwords of course).  So instead of having to type in your whole email address you only have to type in the 1st letter and a blue box comes up with your email address for you to click into so with 2 clicks you are done. But you know how your fingers run away with you on the keyboard and you mistakenly add the password to your login or your put the first letter and then thinking you had clicked into the blue autofill choice you click the return button so you have a one letter or a couple of letters now as an alternative choice to login.  Of course these are saved for all to see so I needed to do something about it.  Well I have been looking for ages on the Google Chrome help site and all the other help sites online and I found loads of people had the same problem and there were a number of solutions but the ones that worked were for a Mac and not for a PC.  Well in the end I tried some more things myself and found the solution, for me anyway,y as it has cleared my extra bits that I didn’t want.  So if you are on Google Chrome and have the same problem this worked for me so I have posted it here and hopefully anyone else searching for the answer will find it.  I did also put my solution on the help sites I had been looking at, the ones that didn’t need me to register just to leave the answer.





How to Delete a Wrong Entry in Google’s Autofill

On a PC use this to delete any entries added in error (i.e. wrong email address or a missing letter etc.) and if you put your password in by mistake. Or even those one letter entries that saved when you clicked them without looking.

To delete an entry type enough letters in the box to bring up the one you want to delete so that it shows up blue under the box (as if ready to load) then click Ctrl+Delete. 






The other thing I managed to do was sort out a problem on my ArtFire website shop where my pendants were not automatically listing to the Google search engine since a new thing had kicked in.  It was all to do with variants being listed but of course I haven’t got any variants in other colours etc. as my pendants are all one-off unique ones.  I finally had so many failed listings that I decided to sort it out myself as I didn’t seem to be getting any help again – why is it that help sections never have answers to your particular problem or it they do then it is invariably something you have already tried.  Well I finally worked out that the ones which had failed (which were ok before) had their automatic colour as # or the code for black (I can’t remember what that was now).  The others may have the same erratic colours but I was only concerned about the ones that weren’t showing up on the search engines.  So I went through all the problem ones and changed the automatic colour to something similar to the gemstone colour on the pendant and hey presto they worked.  I am sure they would have probably worked whatever colour I put in as it was at least a different colour but I did my best and tried to match the pendant to the colour chart.  This took me ages and was very annoying as I had more important things to do like improving my earlier photos of pendants on there.

So it was a trying day but rewarding in the end because at least I could finish what I started and to me that is important otherwise it would have been a complete waste of a day.





I don’t know what the weather is like where you are but it has been really mild and sunny here for the last 3 days so we are actually having a late summer.  In the real summer we were having to put jackets on to walk the dogs in the evenings and yet for the last few nights we have been walking them in t-shirts!  In fact last week we nearly put the heating on in the evenings and now we are back to summer weather and saying how muggy it is!





Here’s todays snippet of interest:

A cat's urine glows under a black light.   

(I wish I had known that when I was trying to find out where the blessed cat had peed on the carpet – although not sure what a black light is or where I could get one).  Look at him - "butter wouldn't melt in his mouth" as they say.





And here’s a little chuckle:


ROMANCE
An elderly couple were lying in bed one night. The husband was falling asleep but the wife was in a romantic mood and wanted to talk.
She said: "You used to hold my hand when we were courting."
Wearily he reached across, held her hand for a second and tried to get back to sleep.
A few moments later she said: "Then you used to kiss me."
Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep.
Thirty seconds later she said: "Then you used to bite my neck."
Angrily, he threw back the bed clothes and got out of bed.
"Where are you going?" she asked.
"To get my teeth!"





No comments:

Post a Comment