Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Oops – that was me!


Am I just accident prone???  I can’t believe I did this.  Last night I was taking the dogs downstairs to go to bed, as they sleep in the kitchen at night, and I fell down part of the stairs (most probably because I was so tired) but it was one of those occasions that you have no idea why you ended up on your bum, as I didn’t trip or slip as far as I remember.  Now I feel like a right old lady – falling AND not remembering how I did it!!!  Anyway, I hit my hand on the dado rail in a futile attempt to stop myself, without even thinking it consciously, taking about 3 layers of skin off the side of my hand (which I just know I will somehow touch on everything for the next week – isn’t that always the way when you hurt yourself) and I hurt a muscle in my calf (thankfully not my achilles tendon again) but apart from that I was fine so I figured I got off lightly..  





But my profanities either frightened one of the dogs in front of me, or she used it to her advantage, because she dived up the stairs again.  I carried on downstairs nursing my wounds but she wouldn't come down when I called her even though the other one was happily in her bed by this time, so in the end I went back up again.  This is when she started playing up.  Now she could have been worried, or she could have just been pushing the boundaries, so I sent her out of the bedroom but she went into the office instead of downstairs, so I sent her out of there and she dived back in the bedroom again but straight on top of Ray at this point.  By now I was rather annoyed to say the least as my hand was hurting, I was desperate to go to the bathroom and I was tired from the night before (more about that below).  I called her but she wouldn’t come so I went round the other side of the bed and tried to send her off that way but she still wouldn’t budge and she was right on Rays chest at this point with him sound asleep (how do men do that!?!).  So in the end I went to grab her but in my haste walloped Rays arm which finally did wake him up with a “what was that for?”.  Anyway a few minutes later one naughty puppy (well dog now, I suppose, as they are about 20 months old) was down in the kitchen and hubby back to sleep while I just about made it to the bathroom in time.








I mentioned the night before and you wont believe why I didn't get much sleep that night - it was a FLY.  It kept buzzing round the room all night long and it kept landing on my hair and crawling over my face! Why me I don’t know as it didn’t seem to land on Ray, unless he is immune to having things crawling over his face in the night.  So I think it must have been a male fly!   It just kept waking me up every time I went off to sleep.  I was too tired and lazy to spend too much time trying to swat it and kept hoping it would settle down or go away. It is surely too late in the year for flies anyway.  I hadn't got any fly killer and every time I tried to swat him I missed as he was a very active fly who hardly stopped buzzing around apart from when he landed on me. I tried spraying him with hairspray but that obviously didn't work although I am sure I got him. I seem to remember reading that it "set" their wings and stopped them flying - no such luck!   Hubby slept through it all!  




Looking back the next morning I would have had a much better nights sleep if I had bothered to put more effort into swatting him even if it did take a while 'cos at least I would have got a good few hours sleep but I was too tired and grumpy at the time and the fly was too fast for the eyes to follow!  Ray was up first and he found the battery powered fly zapper which paid to it in the morning though.  But it was too late for me to try to go back to sleep and I felt like a zombie all morning and last night I was *****ered.  So the last thing I wanted was a discipline lesson for the dog and a roller coaster ride down the stairs.







Here is todays trivia – really!:

A Dutch court ruled that a bank robber could deduct the 2,000 Euros he paid for his pistol from the 6,600 Euros he has to return to the bank he robbed. 






And here is a quick chuckle:

A man and a woman were married for 40 years. When they first got married the man said, "I am putting a box under the bed. You must promise never to look in it." In all their 40 years of marriage the woman never looked.
However on the afternoon of their 40th anniversary curiosity got the best of her and she lifted the lid and peeked inside. In the box were 3 empty beer bottles and £1955.00 in 5pound notes. She closed the box and put it back under the bed. Now that she knew what was in the box, she was doubly curious as to why.
That evening they were out for a special dinner at their favourite restaurant. After dinner the woman could no longer contain her curiosity and she confessed, saying, "I am so sorry. For all these years I kept my promise and never looked. However today the temptation was too much and I gave in. But now I need to know why do you keep the bottles in the box?"
The man thought for a while and said, "I guess after all these wonderful years you deserve to know the truth: Whenever I was unfaithful to you I put an empty beer bottle in the box under the bed to remind myself not to do it again."
The woman was shocked, but said, "I am very disappointed and saddened, but I guess after all those years away from home on the road, temptation does happen. And I guess that 3 times is not that bad considering the years." They hugged and made their peace.
A little while later, the woman asked the man, "Why do you have all that money in the box?" To which the man answered, "Whenever the box filled with empties, I cashed them in."


No comments:

Post a Comment