Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Friday 14 October 2011

Help - I've Been Taken Over !!!


How did it happen?  I have gradually been taken over by all my collections, especially my bears - I am sure they are breeding!  If you are a collector like me somehow you just don’t notice it happening until you either need to move house or change a room around (which is what happened to me) and then you suddenly realise just how much stuff you have accumulated over the years.  A sneaky clue is that when another bear comes to stay I have to try to find a home for him as the space is already limited.  But after a while you get so used to finding gaps to squeeze them in, or bigger bear laps to sit them on, that you don’t notice too much.  But suddenly you do something in the house that changes things and it suddenly hits you as to just how they have crept into and filled all the available crevices that are usable.   All my books in the bookshelves are now hidden as bears sit in front of them, all my tarot decks are now also out of sight behind the bears on the shelves.  My desk was covered with them as I liked to keep all my favourite bears within view (and as I am always on the computer that is the best place for them to be on view).  The big bears stand on the floor beside chairs etc. so after a while you realise that even the walking space is getting smaller.


-~-o~~0~~o-~-



I had a serious case of “what the heck am I doing” yesterday when trying to sort the office to make workspace for making the jewellery, rather than using the dining room table.  I have an L-shaped desk (the side bit is what the call a “return” as it is only narrow and not full desk size so that is where the computer used to live – on the narrow bit.  But I cleared everything off the desk so that I could move the computer away from the window where the sun kept shining direct in my eyes to the wide desk and I filled 4 boxes with bears.  Now they seem to take up more space in the temporary boxes for the interim period between homes than they ever did on the desk.  But I need to find space for these “best bears” where I can still see them and I have no idea how to do that.  It made me look at the rest of the office, the rest of upstairs and then the rest of the house with a totally different pair of eyes.  Downstairs is not minimalistic but more normal and not cluttered even though there are crystals and a few bears scattered around.  Upstairs is another matter as it is “bear territory”.  They are in all the rooms except the bathroom - on bookcases and in glass cabinets, on the chest of drawers and on a chair.   My crystal used to be quite ornamental in the front of the bookcases etc. but now they are just dotted among the bears.


-~-o~~0~~o-~-



I realised all my collections have definitely taken over!!!  The crystals I love and they are not problem as they are decorative and fill the house with positive energy and the huge amount of tarot decks I have are not really a problem either as they are individually quite small although I do have whole bookcases full of them but really it is the bears that have taken over and I am sure they are breeding like rabbits because I am sure I have not bought that many over the years, have I???  I have had to have a total ban on even looking at them online so that what I don’t see I wont miss.  I can’t be disappointed about something that I didn’t even know existed.  But if I do see one I like it is just too tempting.  I definitely need to cull the population outburst in my house and cut them down to a more “shelfable” amount.


-~-o~~0~~o-~-



We also have shelves and whirly things full of cd’s -  I really should get round to putting them all on computer or an ipod (not that I have one of those though) so that we can get rid of the space-taking cd’s.  Come to that I still have a big box full of record albums (and some singles) in the loft as they went up there when we moved in and have just stayed there.  We don’t even own a record player so they are of no use to me and I am sure the cd equivalent would probably sound better anyway nowadays.  I should put them on ebay but never seem to have the time and would need to buy cardboard sleeves to post them in which would probably cost more than I would get for the albums – although they are in mint condition as I used to really look after my albums which are all in the original white paper covers within the main cover and then in a plastic cover as well.  Even the Singles are in their original covers although I have written the name of the song and the band/singer on each cover.






Here the snippet of trivia for today:

Why do they use sterilised needles for lethal injections?



-~-o~~0~~o-~-




And here’s today joke:

0 to 200 in 6 seconds

Bob was in trouble. He had forgotten his wedding anniversary. His wife was really annoyed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT HAD BETTER BE THERE!!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway.  She brought the box back into the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Bob has been missing since Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment