Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Saturday 8 October 2011

Clocks Forward or Back? - My Experiences


It is now a lot colder again here in England – nowhere near as cold as it normally is at this time of year but we are noticing it more as we have been having this unusual late summer weather recently.  The days are getting so much shorter so quickly too and at the end of the month we will be changing the clocks again so it will be dark even earlier.  Why is it that however old we seem to get we still have to stop and think twice a year whether the clocks are going to go backwards or forwards and whether that is going to make it lighter earlier or later.  Most of us know the “Spring Forward and Fall Back” saying but we still have to double check in our heads what that is going to actually mean especially as to when it is going to get dark. 





I know I can’t be the only one but I know I have been caught out a few times.  When I had my horse I can distinctly remember going to a friends house to pick her up to go riding and she was still in bed because I had arrived 2 hours earlier than expected as I had stupidly moved the clock the wrong way.  Another time I forgot to change it at all when we were going on holiday the next day as I had been so tied up with sorting the office and packing before the holiday that it had totally slipped my mind that the clocks would be changing while we were in bed to get up at 3 a.m. to be picked up by taxi to go to the airport.  Luckily we were all ready to go apart from just putting a couple of last minute things in the cases.  We were trying to get some sleep before we went and had put the alarm on to get up in time to get ready and do the last minute things.  Well a few minutes before the alarm went off there was a ring at the doorbell … and yes it was the taxi.  Needless to say it was one mad rush to get out the door, so we had to spruce ourselves up and eat breakfast at the airport  – still it did help fill that awful boring wait at the airport.





I hate the wait at airports – well I hate travelling altogether actually.  I don’t get excited about holidays beforehand – I only start to relax and enjoy them when I set foot in the room to unpack when I get there.  Put me to sleep before I go and wake me up when I get there would be my ideal way to travel.  I get travel sick in cars, seasick in boats and airsick if there are turbulents.  Then there is the boredom factor.  I have mentioned before that I have a low boredom threshold and travelling pushes it to the limit.  Being stuck in a seat in almost any form of transport for a long time is usually more than I can stand (LOL – or should I say sit).  I am not claustrophobic as such but I find being cramped in aeroplanes just very uncomfortably close. 





There seem to be 2 types of people – ones who concentrate on the film/book when there is lots going on around them and some who can’t.  I can’t.  I have tried to watch the film on planes to keep myself occupied but with all the distractions around me I just can’t enjoy it and then if I watch the film properly at home or the cinema another time I find it has ruined the enjoyment of it as I can remember some bits of it.  A good example of which category you fall into about this is when you are visiting or people are visiting you and the television is on.  Do you get distracted by the television and miss what people are talking about (and would need to turn it off to listen to the people properly) or do you find the television annoying as it is burbling away in the background while you are talking and listening to the people? I find it annoying.





Todays trivia snippet:


"EAT" is the only word that if you take the first letter and move it to the last, it spells its past tense "ATE"?





And the chuckle for today:

The Things I Owe My Parents (part 1)

1. My Parents taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. 
    "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My Parents taught me RELIGION.
    "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My Parents taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
    "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My Parents taught me LOGIC.
    "Because I said so, that's why."

5. My Parents taught me MORE LOGIC .
    "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My Parents taught me FORESIGHT.
    "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My Parents taught me IRONY.
    "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My Parents taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
    "Shut your mouth and eat your supper"







Lastly I just had to add this lovely cute picture that I saw recently:









No comments:

Post a Comment