Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Thursday 20 October 2011

Have We Stopped Him?


Autumn has definitely arrived now and it's getting very chilly here now in south east England - bright and sunny though, so a lovely day.  It takes so much longer to get dressed now though with more layers and we have had the heating on for 2 evenings now so it must be cold – I am not saying we are tight or anything BUT we don't put the heating on until we have to!!!


-~-o~~0~~o-~-


I am having to reorganise my days now too if I want to take any photos of the jewellery, as it is getting dark so much earlier and even then there is a definite lack of brightness some days.  I should really have the photos ready a few days in advance so that I can schedule photography sessions for the brighter days.  I find it is still very awkward though as I can only take the photos on the bathroom windowsill, as you know, but the sun is so low in the sky now that it shines too much on the gemstones even when it is a bright day and the sun has moved round from the window so that I can take the photos.  It wont be long before we move the clocks out of British Summer Time either and then it will be even worse.


-~-o~~0~~o-~-


I did a 3-card tarot reading for myself the other day about whether I would get back dancing soon but the outcome wasn’t very good which is a bit frustrating as I really want to get back to doing what I love.  Not only do I want to do it but I NEED to do it as I need to get some exercise.  I have already noticed my coffee intake has gone up just because it is cold and I don’t like black coffee so coffee is more calories than water for me.



-~-o~~0~~o-~-


For those who are in my circles on Google+ you will know that we have had a mouse problem.  We thought we may have heard some scratchy noises a few days before but with two cats in the house and one who does like to use the carpets to sharpen his claws, we hadn’t thought too much of it as we thought it must be the cat making the noise.  But a couple of nights ago when we were watching television both of the dogs and both of the cats were in the lounge with us when we could hear these scratching noises above the lounge ceiling.  Now as we both believe in spirit activity we wondered if it was that at first but it went on too long and moved across the ceiling so we had the horrible suspicion that something had got in under the bedroom floorboards.  With fitted wardrobes it was not going to be easy to access under the floorboards but after an inspection of the nice neat garage (hmmph I am kidding – it is choc a block mayhem in there and very full – LOL, room for a toy car maybe) droppings were discovered just to prove we had an unwanted visitor or two (or more!).  Ray discovered that one of the heating pipes had come loose from its clip (the boiler is in the garage) so the gap for a mouse to go up into the house was larger than it need be.  He put the pipe back into its holder and we had to hope the mouse was not under the floorboards at the time or we would have a different problem in that it couldn’t then get out (if that was indeed the way he had got in – but as there were mouse droppings under the hole we presumed that was his illegal point of entry).  I certainly didn’t want the stench of a rotting mouse under the floorboards of our bedroom and over the lounge!  But last night we didn’t hear any noises so with a bit of luck we have blocked his route in – now all we have to do is get him to willingly leave the garage and move on to pastures new.  We have fields behind us but between us and the fields is a stable so he probably came from over there and sneaked in when our cat was out of the way (only the one cat would catch it – the other one wouldn’t have a clue – inbreeding I think as he is a pedigree!!).  The stupid thing is that we have a whole box of mousetraps that the previous owners had left (should have read something into that!!!) but they have slipped unnoticed into the piles of stuff in the garage never to be seen again (or certainly not when we want them!).  Ray always says he knows where everything is in his garage (certainly not mine or it would be more organised!) but of course when we want something he can’t find it!!!  As it is his domain it doesn’t usually bother me but it just irks me now and again when we want something and he doesn’t know where it is.  You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that we are / were turning the garage into a room – well we were when we moved in but a few years down the line the garage has got fuller and fuller!!!  Hopefully if there are no noises tonight we will have at least stopped the little perisher from getting into the house.


-~-o~~0~~o-~-


Now what I want to know is how come when I post something on Google+ or Facebook I get about 3 comments if I am lucky yet if someone else puts anything they get about 100 comments.  Recently I posted something funny and got 4 comments and then I saw it again when someone else posted it the next day and he got over 100 comments.    I would love to know what I am doing wrong J





Here is todays snippet of trivia:

Each year, more people are killed by teddy bears than by grizzly bears. 



-~-o~~0~~o-~-


And here is todays chuckle:

Four Catholic ladies are having coffee together.

The first one tells her friends,
"My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'.

The second Catholic woman chirps,
"My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic woman says smugly,
"My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, 'Your Eminence'."

The fourth Catholic woman sips her coffee in silence.

The first three women give her this subtle "Well...?"
She replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6'2", hard-bodied stripper... Whenever he walks into a room, people say, 'Oh my God...'."


No comments:

Post a Comment