Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Monday 10 October 2011

Ooh - The Possible Consequences of the Facebook Timeline


Can you think of all the things you have ever regretted doing or saying?  Aren't you relieved that your new girlfriend / boyfriend or your current / future boss doesn't know about them?  Think of all the comments and photos you have ever put on Facebook and if you would actually want them on there for all to see for evermore in the Timeline.  


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 


Once upon a time arguments and slanging matches were private affairs face to face, then came phone quarrels, followed by emails and texting where there was written evidence of what was said and now we have Facebook and Google+ with written and sometimes picture evidence of what was said and done.  So arguments can now get totally out of proportion to the shouted arguments of years ago.  No more kissing or shaking hands and making up.  Now there are glaring details of the argument on the internet, often for all to see.  Now the Facebook timeline add a whole new dimension to this.


 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


There must be so many people caught out already by the things put on Facebook.  That night out when they were so drunk that they let did something stupid and a so-called friend took a photo and put it on Facebook, which then ruined an otherwise healthy relationship between not only the couple but also the two friends.  That photo of mates out enjoying themselves and one realises that he had told his partner that he was only going to the gym / visit his mum.  The times someone is tagged in the background of someone else’s photo doing something they would not be doing if they had realised they were in the photo.


 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Facebook has already created a whole new generation of people who share simply EVERYTHING and not think anything of it - never feel embarrassed, never feel guilty about what they have said or shown so openly.  But before Timeline at least they were all washed away in the Newsfeed.  Now they will remain available for everyone to see after the event for years to come.  Like having a tattoo and wishing you never had.  Would you want your future job prospects to be ruined by some stupid things you not only did when you were young but you stupidly put them on Facebook for all your mates to see?


 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Is all this openness good for todays youth or will it be their downfall?  If they are used to blazenly displaying such openness to everyone around them and for all to see, how will they survive in the big wide world further down the line.  Will they still blurt out online all their hatred for their boss or work colleagues when something goes wrong without giving it a second thought, as they are so used to doing it?  Those things used to be said in private, away from the boss or colleague, but now they may be there not only for the boss / colleague to see, but all the other people the person would know as well.  At the moment they may stand a chance in that their boss or colleague just may not be on Facebook themselves but in a few years time there is little chance that the boss or colleague will not see it either directly or be told about it and can then see for themselves.  Companies used to just get references for prospective employees but I can see now they will look them up on Facebook too as it will probably be more revealing as to whether they are suitable for the position.









Here is today snippet of trivia:

The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for Blood plasma.




 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




Todays chuckle:

The Things I Owe My Parents (part 2)

9. My Parents taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
    "Will you look at that dirt on the back of  your neck!"

10. My Parents taught me about STAMINA.
      "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My Parents taught me about WEATHER.
      "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My Parents taught me about HYPOCRISY.
      "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My Parents taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
      "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My Parents taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
      "Stop acting like your father!"

15. My Parents taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful       parents like you do."

16. My Parents taught me about ANTICIPATION.
      "Just wait until we get home."




No comments:

Post a Comment