Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Monday 30 January 2012

I've Started a New Regime


I have started a new regime as I spend far too long on the computer without a break – they say this is really bad for you and I agree but my willpower is lacking to actually remember to take a break.  The majority of times it is not at all intentional to stay long.   Sometimes I do plan to be on here for the afternoon or the evening but at other times I come on here with the intention of just doing something quickly for half an hour, or to spend a brief ten minutes doing a quick listing or to even read a quick email, but then find it is 2 hours later when I eventually emerge from the office chair.  Whatever I originally came on here for led to something else, which then led to another site, or I made the mistake of just checking into Google+ and that is fatal as there is always loads to see on there.  As soon as you have enough people in your circles, which means their posts go into your stream, there are a flow of posts going through your stream to attract your attention and send you off to links you would otherwise have known nothing about.  Adding a few comments here and there, posting something yourself and responding to the quite immediate comments just makes the time absolutely zoom by and the next thing you know it is much, much later than you thought.  It must be just the same if your favourite social media site is Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn – we all get sucked in.


 So I have decided to start a new regime to make myself notice the time more, get more active, give my eyes a break, drink more water (meant to be good for you in lots of ways) and just generally keep myself moving more.


I had this brainwave and found myself an online 30-minute timer to use on the computer so that every time the alarm goes off I will get up and go downstairs to have a small glass of water (or every now and then a mug of coffee).


It seems such a small and effective way to break up my screen viewing which will help with my metabolism, my fitness, my eyesight etc.  They always tell you to take regular breaks from the computer but trying to remember is usually the problem.  So with the timer I will have a loud reminder to get my bum out of the chair and hit the stairs.  If I feel energetic I can even run down them and back up.  All I have to do now is to make sure I go when the timer goes off – the beauty of this as well is that I don’t have to think “when I have finished this” as I know I wont be long and can carry on as soon as I get back.


I only started doing it yesterday but so far it seems to be working well, in fact often my quick break has extended to a 15 minute or so break as I have seen other things that needed doing in the house.  The other thing I immediately noticed was that the 30 minutes was up so very much quicker than I had expected and most times when the alarm went off I would have thought only 10 minutes had passed.  As long as I can keep it up and just make sure I leave when, or just after, the alarm goes off it will work well.

Here is the link to the timer I am using:






Yesterday I went around the house checking out my bear collection with the intention of filling a box with some of them to sell as I have far too many and to make room for the bears that are not on the shelves yet but on the backs of chairs, the desk etc.  But I came away with the box empty as I could just not choose any that I was willing to part with.  I just need a bigger house so I can add more shelves!




Here’s today trivia snippet:

Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!




Lastly, today’s chuckle as always:

The Funeral

A man was leaving a convenience store with his morning coffee when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.

A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one.

Behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a dog on a leash.

Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file.

The man couldn't stand the curiosity.

He respectfully approached the man walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this.

"Whose funeral is it?"

"My wife's."

''What happened to her?"

The man replied, "My dog attacked and killed her."

He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"

The man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."

A very poignant and touching moment, of brotherhood and silence, passed between the two men.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

The man replied, "Get in line."


1 comment:

  1. Seems you brewed a great idea. Let me know how you feel after a week.

    ReplyDelete