Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Monday 9 January 2012

Shall I or Shan’t I?


I have been trying to decide if I dare go back to dancing yet but I am so worried about whether my injury will come back.  It will be 2 years next week since I nearly slipped on the dance floor and ended up with Achilles Tendonitis. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I  have been trying on the new dance cross trainers that I bought from the United States last year when I hadn’t expected the tendons to take so long to get better.  The only thing is that when I bought them I hadn’t realised that I would have to always wear cushioned insoles for my tendons, so they are a tad tighter than when they first arrived.  The insoles are only ¾ length ones so they are not too bad but do tend to make the footwear a tighter fit.  I have high arches and very wide feet so that doesn’t help either. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You would have laughed if you had seen me huffing and puffing trying to loosen the laces more to manage to get my feet in.  In the end I just gave up and took them off again to get them loosened even more just to be able to get them on.  What happened then! – they were so wide that the laces wouldn’t do up!  So now I have had to miss out a hole out in the lacing to make them long enough and will have to perhaps investigate if I can find any longer boot laces in silver or grey.  Yes my trainers are silvery grey – they have stopped making these dance cross trainers and so I had to plump for the colours they had left in my size rather than the black that I really wanted.  So I have a pink pair (yes pink!) and a silvery grey pair.  I am wearing the silvery grey pair at the moment to try to wear them in for when I do go back to dancing. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I decided to miss it tonight but may try next week.  The only trouble is that I remember only too well how painful it was and how I could hardly walk around the house for about a year and was shuffling along as if I was 90 years old.  I miss the dancing so much though and enjoyed the exercise.  I have put on weight because of lack of even normal exercise too which isn’t good.  I can walk the dogs easily now and at a normal speed (as long as the ground isn’t too bumpy) and only have the occasional uncomfortable twinge so I really want to try the dancing again but I don’t want it to send me back to how I was last year.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lots of footballers and athletes get Achilles Tendonitis and they get back to training much quicker than that but I suppose they are younger, fitter and know exactly what to do as they have personal trainers.  I know I should have stopped dancing when I felt the pain but I just hoped it would go away so I danced with the pain for a couple of months.  If I had been an athlete I dare say my trainer would have stopped me straight away and rested for a couple of weeks to let it heal.  Too late to worry about that now though so I just have to decide if and when to take the plunge back into dancing.  After such a long break we wouldn’t be able to do much anyway as we wont know any of the dances so will just have to learn the new ones as we go along.







Today’s trivia snippet:

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Lastly today’s humour:

Reported in the Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyers Journal, the following are questions actually asked of witnesses by attorneys during trials and, in certain cases, the responses given by insightful witnesses:

"Now doctor, isn't it true, that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?"

"The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?"

"Were you present when your picture was taken?"

"Were you alone or by yourself?"

"Was it you or your younger brother who was killed in the war?"

"Did he kill you?"

"How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?"

"You were there until the time you left, is that true?"

"How many times have you committed suicide?"

No comments:

Post a Comment