Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Cakes, Dancing and Media Sites


I came upon this brilliant site for cake recipes yesterday.  Why is it that when you are “trying to be good” you see all these interesting recipes that you would just love to try and everyone puts pictures of interesting food in their posts.  When you are sitting comfortably watching television, with no thoughts of food in your mind at all, along comes an advert with smooth tempting chocolate filling pouring deliciously into a sumptuous round chocolate or sizzling food cooking in a pan that you can almost smell and taste.  I suppose the posts and adverts are there all the time but you only really notice them so much when you know you shouldn’t be tempted!  I can never make cakes or desserts at the best of times because I only have to have a small slice and it finds somewhere on my hips to hide for a few years.  Luckily I rarely eat deserts and only really like home-made cakes so it is only a problem if I actually make one.  As long as I stay away from making them it is ok but I do really quite like baking and often get that homely urge to bake something even though I can’t – it must be the nesting instinct in me.





Well it’s a bit of a miserable dull and wet day here and I’m feeling a little sorry for myself as I couldn’t go dancing last night.  Although it was fine when I started dancing again last week, I obviously did too much too soon.  As I said last week I only went with the intention of doing one walk-through teach of a dance but as everything felt fine I learnt and danced 3 more dances too.  I did spread them throughout the evening, sitting down in between, and I didn’t even try the more intricate turning ones that would probably hurt my achilles tendons but although it felt OK at the time it was too much too soon I suppose as my right achilles tendon started hurting the next day when I walked the dogs (it was fine until then).  The following day it was even worse walking the dogs so I haven’t even tried to walk them since.  It is so annoying as I thought I was finally back to dancing again after the injury which was 2 years ago now.  When it feels completely better around the house I will try taking the dogs again and then really just do one dance when I give it another try.  Discipline is what I need so to save being tempted I will just have to come away from the dance class when I have danced just one.  Then I can try 2 the following week and so on.  If I am sitting there I am tempted and my feet are doing the steps under my chair, just dying to get up.  Then there are the “helpful” others there who say “Try this one.  It hasn’t got any fast turns in it.”  That’s why I ended up doing 4 last week.  So to take temptation out of the equation I will just have to leave after the 1st dance I do. 




I logged into Twitter today and the main page has all changed, then while I was on Google+ the main page on there changed too.  I don’t think the Twitter change is enough to make much of a difference as it is just that things are in different places, but the Google+ one now means that I can’t click the top bar to go back to the top and have to use the Ctrl + Home keys but even worse is that I can’t see the Notifications and be able to comment on them while I am half way down my stream.  Most annoying, that part.
Meanwhile Pinterest seems to have gone mad and I suddenly have new followers daily – I am not sure how or why that has happened but I am obviously very pleased.  As you’ve probably noticed I chose a different colour for today’s blogJ




Well here’s today’s trivia snippet:

Horatio Nelson, one of England's most illustrious admirals was throughout his life, never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.

(Crikey, was he in the wrong job then!!!)






Hopefully this will bring a smile to your face today:

Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.

**************************

Tech support: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first email.
Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the little circle around it?








No comments:

Post a Comment