Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Monday 16 January 2012

Exercise - one way or another


Everyone talks about exercise in January and I was watching my husband huffing and puffing when he was kneading some bread the other day which made me think that some exercise can be done in just everyday tasks in the home.  Running up the stairs instead of walking, dancing to music while doing the dusting or treating it as a workout by doing all the movements swiftly – stretch up high to the ceiling corners, bend down low to the skirting boards etc.  Not that I can do many of these things as I have a lower back disc problem as well as my achilles problem but it did make me think about doing exercise this way would be much more interesting to people who don’t feel cut-out to go to the gym or do any organised sessions.  So you could  try making your own bread as I could see that that was definitely a good workout for hands, arms and shoulders as well as being quite aerobic too.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



It is now 2 years since I damaged my achilles tendons on a slippery dance floor and ended up with achilles tendonitis. Tonight I am going to tentatively try a dance class again.  I am just going to try the walk-through of a new dance and be very careful to notice if there are any dance moves that I find hurt even the tiniest bit (following the strict warning by my hospital consultant). I am keeping my fingers crossed as I desperately want to get back to the dancing but don't want to rupture the damaged tendons which the consultant has warned me about.  So wish me luck J







Today’s trivia snippet:

The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump!  
(and me at the moment!)



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




Today’s little chuckle:

One night, an 87-year-old woman came home from Bingo to find her 92-year-old husband in bed with another woman.

She became violent and ended up pushing him off the balcony of their 20th floor apartment, killing him instantly.

Brought before the court, on the charge of murder, she was asked if she had anything to say in her own defense.

'Your Honor,' she began coolly, 'I figured that at 92, if he could screw, he could fly.'






No comments:

Post a Comment