Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Sunday 5 February 2012

Update on my 30-minute regime


This is an update on my 30-minute alarm regime for the week for those who read my last blog – normal blog tomorrowJ




 Well so far my new regime is going reasonably well – it is still early days as I have only been doing it for a week but it is certainly getting me out of my chair more.  I sit in the office chair to make my jewellery of course as well as just being on the computer and doing paperwork, so spend many hours in this small room with my backside parked on a chair. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I have found that I use the 30 minute alarm for not just walking down the stairs and back up again but to do other things too.  I obviously use it (and wait for it to go off) to make a coffee, use the bathroom, put food in the oven etc. but I have found I also use it for getting the washing out of the washing machine (I usually hear it spinning and think I will get that out in a minute but then forget all about it again for hours once the spinning noise has stopped as the reminder – but now I do it at the next alarm),  prepare the vegetables for dinner knowing that I can put them on at the next alarm, rather than putting off going down to do them as I am busy but then get distracted and find it is an hour later and I still haven’t put dinner on. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I also remember to make that phone call that I had written down before I get back to the computer / jewellery so that I don’t forget about it again.  The dogs get fed on a half hour break, the sink gets cleaned – all manor of small things get done at that half hour reminder – purely because I know I just have that one thing to do before I go back to the office.  Actually finishing what I am doing first, or not wanting to get on with other things stopped me from getting other things done so much, but knowing it is a very small break to do one thing and thinking I will do the next thing at the next break makes the small chunks of interruption easier to cope with and accept. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I don’t usually have much inspiration to get the vegetables ready for dinner for instance, unless I am hungry, but doing it this way helps.  The trouble with not preparing dinner until you are hungry is that you then nibble at something while you are preparing dinner and then aren’t that hungry when dinner is finally ready.  I only have to eat a few nuts or have a coffee or glass of sparkling wine before I feel quite full by the time dinner is ready.  Getting it ready earlier to put in the oven or turn on the pressure cooker means that I can do that and then go back to the computer without eating and I will then enjoy my dinner more.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I am even beginning to notice the times that I have forgotten to click the reset button and think “that alarm should have gone off by now” so it is making me more aware of the time on here too.  LOL – and yes I have forgotten to put it on a few times so I have to try to remember to leave it on the alarm tab so that I see it when I get on the computer to set it again.  The problem is usually when I am jewellery making or other things not on the computer as I start again without seeing the reset button on the screen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Although this is only an update I may as well still end with my usual trivia snippet and joke to hopefully brighten your day.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Trivia:

The first ever product to have a bar code was…..Wrigley's gum.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Chuckle:

TEN AGAIN

A man asked his wife what she'd like for her birthday.

"I'd love to be 10 again," she replied.

On the morning of her birthday, he got her up bright and early and off they went to a local theme park.
What a day!
He put her on every ride in the park: The Death Slide, the Screaming Loop, the Wall of Fear and everything there was!
Wow! Five hours later she staggered out of the theme park, her head reeling and her stomach upside down.

Right to a McDonald's they went, where her husband ordered her a Big Mac along with extra fries and a refreshing chocolate shake.

Then it was off to a movie, the latest Star Wars epic, and hot dogs, popcorn, Pepsi Cola and M&Ms.

What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed.
He leaned over and lovingly asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being 10 again?"

One eye opened. "You idiot, I meant my dress size." She said.

No comments:

Post a Comment