Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Monday 27 February 2012

I'm Electric!


Do you suffer from static? – I certainly do! 

Depending upon what shoes I am wearing I get a shock from the car door when I close it after I get out.  This happens so often that I nearly always try to either pull my sleeve down to push the door closed or I close it with my elbow.  At least we don’t use keys to open them these days as that was a work of art for me to try and do that without getting a shock.

The poor cat gets a shock from me often.  One cat seems to be ok for some reason but the other one must be a bit static too I think because I often give her a shock when I touch her, especially on her nose.  I feel so guilty after I have given her a shock too!  I sometime wonder if I should even give her a fuss just in case I give her a shock.  She doesn’t seem to take too much notice though so maybe it is just me that feels it.  How can I not fuss her though L  I doubt she would appreciate me adding conditioner to her fur!

I have to wash my clothes with a conditioner to finish – I know we all do these days, but years ago they didn’t bother, although I always did.

When I wash my hair I have to get the drying “just right” to avoid static as much as I can.  After washing, conditioning and towel drying I have to use a spray to help stop the static.  Then I have to leave it until it is almost dry and use an anti-static air styler on it to avoid making it more static.  Hairdryers and straighteners make it even more flyaway and static.  I can’t wear a jumper or anything likely to be too static while my hair is drying and just after drying either as that also makes it static.  Scarves and polo neck tops are a nightmare.  Once it goes static it tends to fly out at all angles from my head and looks like I have “been pulled through a hedge backwards” – that’s a funny saying really as most hair would surely look better after being pulled through backwards than it would if you were pulled through forwards.  When mine gets static like that it will follow my hand up in the air if I get it near my head.  As for keeping a style – well forget it!

I have to be careful with some clothes as I can feel that they just have too much static in them.  If I do wear anything that has, then apart from making it worse for my hair and touching things it also crackles like mad when I take it off and sometimes even when I move – I sound like a bowl of Rice Crispies.

Slips (petticoats) were always clingy for most people I think when they were made of nylon but I still have the same effect with mixed fibres.  When I do wear a skirt, unless it is cotton and lined with cotton too, I have to wear a slip to stop the skirt itself from clinging to my legs and they don’t seem to sell many that aren’t made from nylon.  Have you seen those old ladies with their dress clinging tightly to their legs like shorts – well that is me if I am not careful!

Then there are supermarket trolleys – they are horrendous if I have a particularly static day or wear the wrong shoes.  Every time I put something in the trolley I have to be careful not to touch the trolley and I have to make sure I am careful to push it without touching the metal at the side of the plastic handle.  I do get some very funny looks from people as I involuntarily leap back from the trolley in the middle of the shopping aisle.

LOL - it’s a shame I can’t be plugged into the house at night to drain the static from me like the way they use solar panels – I might generate enough power to boil the kettle J





Today’s trivia:

Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."




Today’s chuckle:

I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, 'Mom, that lady isn't wearing a seat belt!'

No comments:

Post a Comment