Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Monday 30 April 2012

Importing CD’s to the Computer


In an effort at de-cluttering we decided that we needed to copy a load of CD’s to the computer so that we could gain some space.  We have well over a thousand CD’s we reckoned and they are taking up wall space and room space.

Well I say “we” but it is really “me” as I am the collector and although hubby is a music fan, he would rather play music (he is a guitarist) than buy a CD.

I have always been well into my music, as you can tell, and have always collected music for as long as I can remember.  I still have loads of immaculate albums in the loft as I used to keep them in not only their original covers but also in clear plastic covers too. 

I also have loads of single records in their original sleeves as well, although with the names of the artist and the song written on them (A and B sides) as I was always an organiser and it made it easier to find them with the names in the top right corner. 

We have 3 bookcases type storage systems and 4 twirly storage systems so they take up an awful lot of space which we could do with retrieving.

Not only that, but it is much harder to decide what you want to play when you have to go searching through so many choices, so you tend to end up putting the same ones on for a while as they are nearby and to hand.

We keep them in genre order but also in alphabetical so each storage area tends to have its own genre collection but we still tend to only play something from the storage area where we are (upstairs or downstairs).

We did have some CD’s already on the computer in Windows Media Player so they are more easily accessible when we are on the computer (or should I say when I am on the computer) as hubby uses his laptop, but only about 50 CD’s. 

But the time had come to do something about my huge collection, so we decided to upload them to the computer, even though it was going to take days or weeks.

Now, I had been collecting points which had given me £95 in vouchers so I thought it would be a good idea to invest in an iPod so that we could play the music whenever and wherever we want.  So we decided to put the music on iTunes rather than the Windows Media Player.

I checked out all the different iPods and decided it would have to be the Classic 160GB one with room for 40,000 songs as nothing else could possible accommodate all my music.  I just hope this is big enough, but there isn’t a bigger one.

So before the iPod even arrives we are going to be kept busy loading lots and lots of CD’s to the computer.  I will let you know how I get on.



No comments:

Post a Comment