Natural Gemstone Pendants - handmade by me in the United Kingdom

NATURAL GEMSTONE PENDANT NECKLACES - HANDMADE BY ME (SUZY) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

I make unique one-of-a-kind pendants using natural gemstones like Agate, Amethyst, Jasper and Quartz but at very affordable prices. If you want to be different from the crowd, then check out my pendants and other items. You will never see anyone wearing the same as you.

I design and make greeting cards too.

Find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Etsy and Folksy

Wednesday 11 July 2012

A Variety of Scrambled Egg Recipes


I often have scrambled eggs for breakfast or lunch and friends have said to me “Don’t you find them a bit bland?” or “You had scrambled eggs yesterday – don’t you get bored with them?”.

Well to be honest – I rarely have them the same way twice (or certainly not in the same week).

I make them with lots of different ingredients with the eggs just being the basic ingredient really.  Scrambled eggs are a bit like having an omelette.  You can put all sorts of different things in them to make them taste totally different every time.

I usually use 2 large or extra large eggs.
Sometimes I add a little milk but not always.  Milk makes it softer but if you like a firmer omelette consistency then leave the milk out or adjust it accordingly.

I melt a little bit of butter in the bottom of the saucepan first (or you can use oil).
Put the saucepan on a low heat.

Then I add all the rest of the ingredients as well as the eggs and just give it a really good stir and then keep stirring once they start to set.

For best results take them off the heat just as they are starting to set as they continue setting on their own. 

So if you don’t like them soft then just leave them on for a bit longer.
I like mine set but nice and soft still.

Have them on their own, on or beside buttered toast or I sometimes have mine with buttered Ryvita (crispbread) on the side.

Of course you can have them alongside all sorts of other things too – bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes etc. or as part of a full English breakfast.

The extra ingredients I have often used for mine are:
½ teaspoon Marmite
½ tsp Whole Grain Mustard
1 tsp Cheese Spread – lots of flavours in these alone
1 tsp Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Brown Sauce
1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
½ tsp Soy Sauce
½ tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
½ tsp Oyster Sauce
½ tsp Worcester Sauce
½ tsp any of your favourite pastes
½ tsp any dry herb in your collection, turmeric, basil etc.
As much cheese as you like – grated or cut into small pieces to melt quickly
Diced cooked bacon
Diced ham or any cooked meat
Mashed tinned tuna, salmon, or any favourite fish
Mushrooms - chopped small (cook in the pan slightly before you add the eggs)
Peppers - chopped small (cook in the pan until soft before adding the eggs)
Spring Onions – chopped small (cook in the pan until soft before adding the eggs)

Of course you can add more than one of any of these ingredients for even more choices.



I am sure there are many more savoury things you can think to add to your scrambled eggs to make them different each day.  I have probably forgotten some even in writing this.

Let me know if you have a particular favourite that I have not mentioned here.

You can also make them look interesting and appetising by adding a swirl of cream on top, a sprinkle of herbs or chopped meat or vegetables.

They make a great Starter for a dinner party if decorated.  Try popping them into vol au vent or other pastry cases.  They also make a great alternative to anything you would normally use hard boiled eggs for, if you leave them to cool first.

Of course you can also mash quite a few of these ingredients into a hard boiled egg mixture but some mix a lot better when cooked as scrambled eggs as they incorporate right into the mixture.

My current favourite scrambled eggs are Marmite and Chilli Cheese Spread with buttered Ryvita on the side. 

My favourite hard boiled eggs mix is with blue cheese salad dressing and cress.

So next time you have scrambled eggs try adding something extra rather than just having plain scrambled eggs, which are a bit boring.  You will find them much more interesting and tasty.

LOL – my photo is just a quick snap of some scrambled eggs made with Marmite on a slice of toast one day as a post on Google Plus, so rather a basic untouched, without frills, photo I am afraid J 

But I am sure you know what a plate of scrambled eggs look like without me tarting it up to look like a restaurant delicacy for a photo J

I hope you enjoy your experimenting and don’t forget to let me know if you already have anything different or come up with some other ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Scrambled Egg recipe is a delicious and tasty recipe and more health benefits of this recipe.

    ReplyDelete